OccFit Solutions offers a comprehensive on-site lower leg health program. We specialize in graduated medical compression socks and stockings that help increase circulation in the legs, thereby decreasing leg aches and pains, swelling, the progression of spider and varicose veins, circulation disorders associated with diabetes, and the chance for developing blood clots in the legs. Our Stand-Rite program is especially appropriate to those employees who are on their feet for long periods of time or for those employees who travel for greater than two to four hours.
What is the cost?
- Your company can decide to render a certain number of pairs to all employees or to high-risk cases on a company-pay basis. Some companies consider compression personal protective equipment and work the cost into their budget accordingly.
- Employees themselves can opt to purchase compression socks or stockings as an out of pocket expense or as a pay roll deduction.
In the great majority of cases, company insurance covers the cost of the compression garments for employee’s with a doctor’s note. OccFit solutions handles the administration duties associated with the insurance-pay program, such as contacting doctors’ offices for prescriptions and billing insurance for reimbursement.
“Healthy Leg Day” Event Outline
Day of Event
- Set up table display complete with swatches, literature, paperwork, measuring tapes, promotional items.
- Meet individually with interested employees to discuss their needs and concerns. Educate on compression therapy and explain the various types of socks and stockings available.
- Have employee complete paperwork, which contains:
- Address – Stockings will get mailed directly to employee.
- Insurance Information – OccFit Solutions files the paperwork to insurance carrier and receives payment. The deductibles and co-insurance is paid through the “Healthy Leg Day” program. There is no additional out-of-pocket expense to the employee.
- Physician Name and Number – OccFit Solutions contacts the employee’s primary care physician to generate a prescription for the garments.
- Employer Information – Helps our office with filing.
- Employee’s Signature and Date.
- Member of OccFit Solutions team or of the manufacturer measures employee to ensure proper sizing.
- Employee selects the style, color, number of stockings. (Max number of stockings available to employee is dependent on the number covered by their insurance carrier quarterly, semi-annually or annually.)
Week Following HLD
- OccFit Solutions contacts the employees primary care physician to get the prescription.
- Once prescription is received, stockings are shipped priority mail to employee’s home.
- OccFit Solutions files insurance claim for garments.
- If OccFit Solutions fails to obtain proper physician documentation, no stockings will be shipped. A letter will be sent to the employee with further instructions.
- OccFit Solutions will visit facilities for re-orders and new employees. If OccFit Solutions is unable to visit facility, a re-order form will be sent to the employee.
- Employees need to get re-measured yearly to ensure accurate fit.